Wednesday, June 14, 2017

The Eastbound Leg is Done

Another great day. Started out by doing my laundry - and then it just went  up from there. Laurence ran over to Atlantic Recreation with me - and Craig Harvey and the boys took care of the 7K service for me. Thanks b'ys.

Then - we stopped at the Newfoundland & Labrador House of Assembly - I will stick on the 6th provincial crest tomorrow - making progress. It is going to be awhile until we get to Winnipeg for the next one!



Then - a tour before we headed to the airport to pickup Kim. Off we went for a quick tour through  Portugal Cove, Torbay, and Pouch Cove .

The ferry to Bell Island - not to be confused with Belle Isle. The Straights of Belle Isle are between Newfoundland and Labrador.




Over around Torbay


Cousin Deb liked the video from Gros Morne  - so tried one in Torbay - let me know what you think




Then -out to the airport to pickup Kim.

So good to see my honey - and get to spend a few days with her.

Back to the hotel to drop stuff off - and then off we go to Signal Hill and the Cabot Tower.



Great views of St John's harbour entrance and the harbour itself



li

Plus -a  little more of the tower


See the smoke from the time signal shot?


Back to the harbour view


Boom - off we go to Cape Spears. This was a very big moment for me.The eastern most point in North America. The end of the eastbound leg of  the Three Ocean Tour. We have been to the Atlantic shore a number of times before - but for me this was it. One ocean down - two to go. Note -I think I will still go to Mile 0 on The Trans Canada Highway before heading west - but to me - this was the big moment.

ONE OCEAN DOWN - TWO TO GO!








Then - off for a driving tour down through Maddox Cove and  Petty Harbour. More pretty country - and with extra time - a full day could be spend down this part of the coast.


So, you might remember - I was really impressed with dinner yesterday at the St John's Fish Exchange - well - today we went to the Saltwater Restaurant + Bar - wow - even better. Kim and I split some fantastic mussels - and then I had a great piece of sushi grade grilled tuna - perfect.



So - tomorrow - we need to adopt to a change in plans. Laurence needs to head back to Kingston - so need to get the "black bag" of stuff I can do without packed and ready to go. Then, after we see laurence off,  go rent a car - so Kim and I can tour around the St. John's area tomorrow and then head down to the Cape St Mary Ecological Preserve on Friday.

It just keeps getting better. Having a blast.

3 comments:

  1. Loving your posts. Glad Kim found you and you're having a swell time together. Lots of love <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the Milestone reached!

    ReplyDelete