Thursday, June 1, 2017

Day 1 Was a Blast

So - pulled the trigger a day early - and hit the road this morning. Laurence is going to be delayed a couple of days - so wanted to touch base and synch up before heading east.


So - off to Kingston I went -first thing this morning. Pictures are all in album "Three Ocean Tour".

Off to the legislator to visit. Bingo - that is checkpoint number 1 - tomorrow - I will affix the provincial crest sticker to the bike. Then - Lakeshore Rd and Kingston Road up the 401, and 401 to about milepost 448 - then down to all the back roads. If you have never driven all those back roads down by the lake - you are in for a treat. Take a look at https://www.waterfronttrail.org/ for some tips.

The Lake Ontario flooding is very evident - in particular - at Bath the big old  white house in the bay looks like an island - surrounded by water.

Got to Kingston - and went to visit Laurence at The General Wolfe Hotel out on Wolfe Island. Laurence and his team are doing a great job on this - and it is already a nice place for a meal - and I expect that full function hotel accommodation will be available later this summer.

So I am off headed for Quebec tomorrow. I am going to stop in Lancaster and visit some family heritage sights.

Oh - I intend to stop and read things like this when they catch my attention! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment