Friday, June 23, 2017

A Superior Day

Left Wawa this morning in heavy fog - so heavy I almost counted it as rain. But - an hour later (09:00) - I was out of the fog - the sun came out - and it was a very pretty morning!

Just north of White River - things started to really look up - the ride had been pretty but not exciting until then.


Once I got north of Marathon - the riding was excellent - as long as you were patient with the construction! Such pretty country - lots of elevation changes, corners, and views of the lake. And all in the sun - with a few clouds - and a bit of a threatening looking system to the north west -more on that later.

 Just north of  Marathon, I had to stop at Prisoner Cove in Neys Provincial Park - wow - very pretty.






My next stop was at Terrance Bay Beach for a view of the beach and  Lower Aguasabon Falls




Then - of course I had to stop and see  Aguasabon Falls and Gorge from the top




Then -a very pretty creek and a cliff - the creek drains in to Fire Hill Bay - but I do not  know its name


So - between Fire Hill Bay and North Bay - a few rain showers. The last one -about 40 KM out of Thunder Bay -was heavy enough that I stopped and but on all the gear. Those ominous clouds to the West were scaring me.

By the time I got to the Terry Fox memorial - it was sunny and hot agin -which just made it a better idea to stop and pay tribute and see Lake Superior




So -I picked the Prince Arthur Waterfront Hotel.Turns out to be a good choice. Check out the harbour view from the room's window!

Laurence arrived - and after a good dinner - off we went for a walk around the harbour front!





 Hmm - who took this picture of both of us?


These people! They are coming to Winnipeg with us tomorrow (just kidding).




So - a really great day - and a fine fine evening! Off to Winnipeg in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment