Thursday, June 15, 2017

Bell Island & Johnson Geo Centre

we had breakfast with Laurence and wished him a safe trip back to Kingston. Then we contacted the Discount Car Rental on Kenmount Rd - and Lynn and Joey made it easy for us to pic up a car for the rest of Kim's visit.

Then - off to Bell Island via the Portugal Cove Ferry.



 A short video:






Then - off for about a 5 KM round trip hike headed SW from the ferry dock on the Gregory Normore Coastal Walking Trails


More video:


Tons of interesting plants





The Bell Island Ferry Disaster Memorial


A bunch of people mentioned how good the fish and chips was at Dicks' On The Beach. Yummy - for sure - go to Bell Island for the great hike - stay for the fish and chips.


The MV Beaumont Hamel coming to take us back to Newfoundland




Then - off we went to the Johnson Geo Centre. I confess -  I was not that enthusiastic about this - but Kim wanted to go - so I went along. I am really glad that I did - it was really very good. The Titanic Exhibit was really good. And the geology exhibit was also really good.

Then back to the St John's Fish Exchange. Just like the night I went with Laurence - we had a fantastic meal. Kim and I agree - the food is as good as the Saltwater Restaurant + Bar - the view and ambiance is just better. You really should eat at both of these places when you get to St John's though- I think it is really a tie.




So - we walked back to the hotel.  I got a great kick out of the Cornerstone Building - make sure you look carefully at the signs. LOL



So - tomorrow - off to Cape St Mary's Ecological Reserve-and see some birds.


No comments:

Post a Comment