Monday, June 19, 2017

Ready to Cross the St Lawrence at Trois-Pistoles

Had a great day today. I basically followed the long coastal loop I  posted yesterday. Started out with a bit of a cloudy morning - but the sun soon came out - and had a Great day.

The run up 11 was really fairly boring - but then I hopped on to 117 - and that was very pretty. But - do you remember the ice storm out in New Brunswick last winter? Wow - tons of broken trees. But still very pretty






 Then - back on t 11- a pretty view of the bridge at Miramichi


A nice war memorial and church  in Grande-Anse




A really cool little island just after that


Past Bathurst - we moved away from the coat - and less pretty. Then - a real treat at Campbelllton - HW 11 turned in to a 2 lane road and was twisty and fun to drive. Had to stop for a picture though - because it was so pretty.


Then - on to Highway 132 - and into Quebec. Wow - what a great ride - the road follows a river - always a good sign. Really pretty - and parts of it are fun to ride.  Had to stop to get a picture of a covered bridge.



So - up to the St Lawrence at Mont-Joli and then down to Rimouski. Duh - I think I had been thinking of the St Lawrence river ferry on the wrong scale - the St Lawrence is big! The ferry is big! You need a reservation - and it is booked solid tomorrow. SO - up early and down to Trois-Pistoles to hop on the Trois-Pistoles–Les Escoumins Ferry - need to be in line at 08:30-pulls out at 09:30

A really fun day. The highlights  all at the north end. Looking forward to tomorrow!

Oh - I know what I forgot to mention- I was hot all day. What a change - I like it.Also - this afternoon - I timed a gas stop perfectly - and got all my rain gear on sitting in a chair out of the rain. A hour later - when that band of thunderstorms passed - wow - was I hot - but I was dry.

Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment