Friday, August 4, 2017

Smoky Hot Day In Vancouver

This was a laid back maintenance day in Vancouver.  We did laundry, and washed the vehicles. I road the bike to the car wash in jeans and a denim shirt instead of putting on my proper riding gear. Dirty little secret is - it was really nice - even though the temp was up around 30 - the nice breeze felt great. I could get used to this. BUT - safety first - will stick to wearing the riding gear for stuff more than a few km.

Then - we went to meet Laurence's buddies Chris and Ed and did the visitor's tour of the Vancouver Skytrain maintenance base. This was fantastic - and really interesting. This is all done with linear induction motors. Based on the info they shared - this highly automated operation is the future - Hmmm - I think I should write a letter to John Torry. Really enjoyed this.

Then - off to the Saint Augustine's for a few beers and a light dinner - and watch Winnipeg beat Ottawa on the last play of the game! Darn! Well - it was a good game.

We picked up a case of beer - and are back at the room - and I am hoping that Hamilton  (0 - 5 - got their ass handed to them by Calgary last week) can beat Edmonton ( 5 - 0 - and Reilly just continues to look better and better). It is half time as I write this - and Hamilton is not yet out of it! Go Hamilton!

Tomorrow - off to the airport to pick up Kim and Lynn. Then an hour later - pick up Laurence & Lynn's son Cam - and off we go for a week of checking out Vancouver. I will keep you posted - and I promise - no pictures of old naked people at Wreck Beach!

Walking back to the hotel with a case of beer - focused on the smoky sun -pretty cool huh?


No comments:

Post a Comment