Saturday, August 19, 2017

More Superior, Cruise Down to North Bay

Had another great day today riding from Marathon to North Bay. Started off cold - luckily - I had my long sleeved thermal undershirt on! I learned yesterday that it is cold in Ontario! The fog was an issue for the first couple of hours - but never as bad as yesterday. Still - it was a bit of an issue - had to slow down and be even more cautious than normal! After a couple of hours, it burned off - and I had a great ride and got some great shots!

Near Wawa


Lake Superior Provincial Park


Lake Superior South of Montreal River Harbour



Batchawana Bay - my last view of Superior was shortly after this. It needed a video as well as some photos.




Just after that - this cool river. Cannot find the name - sorry.


At that river - this cool plaque for the halfway point on the TCH - I have been to both ends and the middle!

Then - a great ride along Huron - I did not get any pictures - and I should have. So very pretty - this is much different than Superior. Still large rock mastiffs - but smoothed and rounded by glaciers - no cliffs like Superior. Plus - farmland mixed in - very pretty.

Then - on to Sudbury. I had the bit between my teeth - and did not stop - I went on to North Bay. That is also a pretty road.

OK - talk to me face to face and you may get some details about poorly managed construction and egregiously low speed limits - but I do not want to get into that here.

Anyway - stopped for a view of Lake Nipissing, and saw this butterfly!


A view of Lake Nipissing


And that is it for today. Tomorrow - Ottawa! My last published goal. I have a few more - visit friends and family in Ottawa, visit my Mom & Dad, visit the Toronto cenotaph, and the Mimico cenotaph - and then home! Not sure if I will get to post tomorrow or the next day - since I will be staying with friends in Ottawa - and then my Mom & Dad - but do not worry - I will tie this up!

Cheers!

1 comment: