Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Art Gallery, Bicycle Boogie, English Bay Swim, Chinatown Exploration, Great Dinner

Another fun day being a tourist in Vancouver. We started off with a drive down to Lonsdale Quay Seabus Dock and took the Seabus  to Waterfront Station. I could get used to this town - the public transit rocks - $10 for an all day pass - the trains are fast clean and frequent - same for the busses - most of it is above ground so you can see the city - and you get to ride on the Seabus! Lots of fun!

This city really works. I could live here. But - the Juan de Fuca Plate scares the shit out of me! I think I could get used to it though. And Whistler is so close. Hmm, I wonder is the solution is someplace close to Vancouver so I can afford it and not live in fear of earthquakes?

Anyway - of the Art Gallery of Vancouver. First, a tour through the Monet gallery.



Then - upstairs to look at the really good Emily Carr collection.




Next, down to the harbour and rent some bicycles.


So - have you ever been the brother / sister organizing the tour with Mom, Dad, siblings, and friends of the parents - or something like that? Well - as you know then - things always get a little improvisational - and it takes a cool head to keep all of the cats in the bag - and resist the urge to put a brick in the bag - tie the top - and drop the entire **** thing in the lake. Well - Hayley kept all us cats pointed in the same general  direction all day - and never even came close to getting snarky let alone drowning the bunch of use. Way to be Hayley!

We had a great bike ride around Stanley Park - and ended up at English Bay for a swim - I loved it. Fun ride - plus a nice dip to cool off! Good times.



Then - off for a walk through Chinatown. The next thing you know - time had gotten away from us - and we had to leave for North Vancouver before we got a parking ticket

That worked out just fine. Because - no ticket - and Hayley suggested a place called the Fishworks back near where we had parked. Great food, really nice ambiance - and OK service. I would say you should eat here and assume that I was irritated by the service because I had had a long day in the sun!

Then - back to the AirBnB! Remember the bottle of Glenlivet 21 that some of the architecture lads et al gave me when I retired? It has enjoyed its trip across Canada - and it has met its end. Yummy stuff.


That is it for today. Tomorrow - birds and beaches! And more oysters!

No comments:

Post a Comment