Thursday, August 17, 2017

Prairie Passage Complete

I loved the prairies! It moves me to song - and inside my helmet at a brisk pace - I sound pretty good!

Goodbye Joe, me gotta go, me oh my oh
Had some fun in the sun, in the land of the big-sky-o
Steaks and Fries, Hamburger pie, and some beer-o
Son of a gun, I had great fun in the land of the big sky-o!

- with apologies to Hank Williams

Today was backroads from Brandon to Fort Francis on the "B" route. Very pretty - loved it. Got chased by a cloud bank out of the west - but road with sunglasses on all day! When I stopped for gas just short of Fort Francis - folks I talked to said lots of rain yesterday and this morning. SO - I think I might get a wet one tomorrow. I can not complain. The last time I got soaked was Whitehorse to Dawson City. Hit a few very light showers since then - but not really any heavy rain. I guess I am back in Ontario - rain, bad roads, and over enthusiastic speed limit enforcement.

I really enjoyed the prairies. Today, the country down around the Pembina river was the real treat. I missed a couple of good photos - cause I was moving at an enthusiastic pace and did not feel like stopping! Go see it for yer self :-)  Anyway - really enjoyed it. Then, did the quick deke into Minnesota to go around the bottom of Lake of the Woods - and boom - yer in Ontario!

Had a really fun day. And - I am still on schedule. Let's see what happens tomorrow!

A couple of pictures on Hw 10 south of Brandon



A cenotaph at Barwick

The view of the Rainy river from my motel - the Bayview Motel. Great price, great view and not bad at all. Plus - short walk to the Harbourage - great food - good prices.


More Ontario tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment