Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Birds, Beaches, Beer, and Walk-About

We started the day with a drive out to and then a walk-around the George C. Reifel Migratory Bird Sanctuary. What a pretty place - over on the south side of the Fraser Delta - and full of birds and different plant.  We really enjoyed this.












Then - over to Kitsilano Beach for a swim.Oh - and I had a $10 hotdog. It was an OK beach - but frankly - it did not live up to the what I was looking  for. I was looking for something a little less crowded and run by the city.I wanted to smoke a cigar on the beach - but it looked to me like that would for sure have had a bylaw officer bugging you - since it was clearly posted no smoking on the beach. Next time- back to Wreck Beach.

Then - we went to taste a couple of beers at a little place Hayey knew about called Luppolo Brewing Co. This was OK.

Then back up to Commercial Drive for a walk-about - and we ended up at the Merchants Workshop for an excellent dinner!

Tomorrow - the bike goes into the shop - and depending on how things work out - I will just leave it there and do some more tourist stuff in Vancouver!

No comments:

Post a Comment